©1985 — 29 minutes
The cowgirls in this spirited verité documentary are contemporary women aged six to sixty, who ride, rope and tough out the elements just as well as their more famous cowboy counterparts.
Produced and directed by former cowgirl Nancy Kelly and written by Wyoming ranch daughter Teresa Jordan.
• Best Documentary of the Year,
National Cowboy Hall of Fame
• Blue Ribbon, American Film Festival
• Golden Apple, National Educational Film Festival
• Best of Palo Alto Film Festival
• Best Documentary Short, Nashville Film Festival
Director, Producer: Nancy Kelly
Editor: Kenji Yamamoto
Writer: Teresa Jordan
Director of Photography: John Knoop
• Cal Humanities
• Nevada Humanities
• Oregon Humanities